1) Population: 32,730,000 (June 2020 est)
2) Ethnic Groups: Bumiputera 68.8%, Chinese 23.2%, Inidans 7.0%, Others 1.0% (2018 census)
3) Religion: Islam (official) 61.3%, Buddhism 19.8%, Christianity 9.2%, Hinduism 6.3%, Chinese folk religion 1.3%, Unknown 1.7%, Others 0.4% (2018 census
1) Area: 330,803 sq km
2) Malaysia is a country in Southeast Asia. The federal constitutional monarchy consists of thirteen states and three federal territories, separated by the South China Sea into two regions, Peninsular Malaysia and Borneo's East Malaysia. Peninsular Malaysia shares a land and maritime border with Thailand and maritime borders with Singapore, Vietnam, and Indonesia. East Malaysia shares land and maritime borders with Brunei and Indonesia and a maritime border with the Philippines and Vietnam.
3) Kuala Lumpur is the national capital and largest city while Putrajaya is the seat of the federal government.
1) Malaysia is a federal constitutional elective monarchy; the only federal country in Southeast Asia. The system of government is closely modelled on the Westminster parliamentary system, a legacy of British rule. The head of state is the King, whose official title is the Yang di-Pertuan Agong. The King is elected to a five-year term by and from among the nine hereditary rulers of the Malay states. The other four states, which have titular Governors, do not participate in the selection.
1) Ringgit (RM) (MYR)