Visa without reference (VTR) is issued and approved by the High Commission of Malaysia for a non-citizen to enable visitor to enter Malaysia for a social visit purpose. Upon arrival, visitors will be given a social visit pass for a stay of not exceeding 30 days. A social visit pass is only for social visit purpose and it does not allow visitors to undertake any work, or work-related training programs or studies in Malaysia.
Required Documents for VTR
- Original Passport (with validity not less than 7 months from travel date and with at least 3 continuous empty pages);
- Photocopy of passport and previous Malaysian visa (if any);
- Two (2) passport-sized photograph of applicant in matte paper (See Photo Specification);
- Duly completed visa application form (Form IMM.47);
- Confirmed return flight ticket;
- Recent six (6) months bank statement with a letter of solvency;
- Hotel reservation copy;
- Application from the applicant stating the purpose of visit; and
- Additional Documents (where applicable):
- Invitation letter from organizer or sponsor in Malaysia;
- Photocopy of trade license/business registration (for business Proprietor);
- Marriage Certificate;
- Birth Certificate (for minor applicants); and
- Other documents that the processing officer may require.